Sweet N Low is Amazing!

I love love being a part of Crowdtap. I get to interact with brands that I use, learn new things about brands, and the samples that I receive are simply awesome. I get full size products that often come with ideas, tips, and recipes. I'm always looking for new things to cook up and the Sweet N Low Sampling Party was right up my alley. 
Sweet N Low if you're not familiar, is a low calorie sugar substitute that comes in the pretty pink packets. I started using Sweet N Low when I was younger because I grew up with my parents using it for a low calorie substitute. I use it in everything from my morning coffee to baking goodies. I make a pretty awesome banana bread that is made with sweet N Low and nobody has ever noticed the difference. Sweet N Low is really sweet if you use regular sugar. One tiny packet of Sweet N Low is equivalent to two teaspoons of regular sugar. I actually only use a half of a package for a good sized cup of coffee. I really like Sweet N Low because it doesn't have a weird aftertaste that some sugar substitutes have. It mixes in pretty easily and I can feel good about using it in my food/drink because I'm not consuming a ton of sugar. Diabetes runs in my family and I watched my parents struggle and suffer with their diabetes and I promised myself that I was NOT going to go through that so I watch very closely what I put into my body. 
In my kit that I received were a dozen packages of that pretty pink packaged Sweet N Low, a recipe card, a very cute Sweet N Low reusable shopping/tote bag, and what I think is a Sweet N Low purse hook. Pretty fantastic stuff and I couldn't wait to try out some new recipes.




It's Christmas time and every year my family and I really enjoy drinking EggNog. I have been on a weight loss journey so I haven't been able to drink and enjoy as much Eggnog as I would have liked to because of the sugar content. I would limit myself to only a glass or two a week and would go crazy watching others sipping on their eggnog wanting some so bad. I never thought of making my eggnog with Sweet N Low! I was like a kid in a candy store when I read that recipe for Not So Naughty Eggnog on my recipe card within my Sweet N Low box of goodies! I couldn't wait to make it and did so as soon as I could. It's a rather simple recipe with only five ingredients and even better is that each serving is only 90 calories!! Bring on the eggnog! 5 cups of cold skim milk, 4 pasteurized eggs, 12 packets of Sweet N Low, a teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of nutmeg is all you need to serve yourself up some yummy yummy Not So Naughty Eggnog and not feel guilty for enjoying it. I can't even tell you how amazing it is, you're going to have to try it out yourself. I have had a small glass of Eggnog every evening since and I'm one happy girl! 





I'm so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of the Sweet N Low sampling. I can now enjoy my eggnog every year without the guilt! Thank you so much Sweet N Low and Crowdtap! 
How about you, have you used a sugar substitute in recipes? What do you think? Have you ever tried making The Not So Naughty Eggnog? 
Happy Holidays friends! 0

Comments

Popular Posts