Is it possible to have a BFF whom You've NEVER met?!

I have learned so much from the world wide web, including being careful with who I chat with. It's very scary the way crazy stuff happens so one can never be too safe. 
A few years ago I was following a highly televised murder trial. I got really into everything about the case and spent MANY hours throughout the day on my computer reading message boards and such. I did chat with others online but made sure that I didn't give out too much personal information. For the most part I visited a certain blog and participated in discussions throughout the trial. It was there that made my life change forever because I met a few beautiful and precious friends. 
I first exchanged email addresses with them including my BFF Kathy. I was still Leary about strangers knowing too much but strangely enough for Kathy, I felt a real connection. We exchanged emails for a few weeks or so until finally exchanging phone numbers.  I just knew in my heart that she WAS different. I was going through some crazy stuff in my life and she couldn't have come at a better time. We've spent countless hours just being an ear for one another and I am extremely grateful for that. She always has an open mind, heart, and isn't afraid to give me her opinion on anything which I totally respect. There has been a few times where we respectively disagree but still it doesn't change the way we feel about each other. No two people are alike, very very close for Kathy and I!  We have so much in common that I can go on for hours about. We are soul sisters. Kathy and I have helped each other out so many different times and in various ways but mostly just for BEING THERE. We like to call each other and have "gab fests" that sometimes lasts for HOURS. I always always feel so much better after talking with her. She just has a way of seeing things from another angle, making me feel so much better on bad days just by talking and giggling our hearts out. 
I have known her I feel for my entire life. She always knows when to send me a text when I'm having a hard time. She is the most precious friend that I have and I'm extremely grateful that I have her. The only thing that I wish I could make possible is that I can reach out and hug her because you see, Kathy and I have NEVER EVER seen each other face to face! She lives a few states away but it still doesn't keep us from being supportive for one another. I hope to one day be able to actually sit next to the woman who literally saved my life! Kathy, I really don't think you know how much of an impact you have made in my life! You are always there for me and always manage to make me smile. Just knowing that you would be there WHENEVER I needed means more to me then you will ever know. I may  not have a lot of money or material things but I am very VERY rich simply because I have YOU! Thank you my precious friend, just for being you!  I love love love you more than the sky is big and FOREVER! 
Love your sister in Christ,
Addie



Comments

  1. That's so sweet! I love happy stories like this. As crazy as the world is these days, it's nice to be reminded of how capable the internet is of connecting us with people we may never have met otherwise. :)

    I'd love if you gave my blog a visit!

    -Jessica
    http://www.sweetnessandsolitude.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts