Quaker Steak Cut Oatmeal


Since I started taking better care of myself by eating healthier, I make it my daily goal to eat a good breakfast. I spent so many years skipping breakfast, lunch, and sometimes dinner, it is still a constant struggle to remember to eat. I wasn't overweight because I ate too much, I was overweight because I did NOT eat. It took twenty plus years for me to finally realize that and I wish it hadn't. Who knew eating at least three meals a day would help me lose over 100 pounds?! 
Breakfast,  as much as I hate it,  is THE MOST IMPORTANT meal of the day! By eating a good healthy breakfast you have the fuel for your brain and body to do anything. I sometimes struggle with WHAT to eat for breakfast because eating the same thing really gets old. I'm a member of BZZAgent where I have the opportunity to try products for free and give my honest opinion. I was given a box of Quaker Steel Cut Oatmeal in Cinnamon and brown sugar to try. I thought that it was going to be just regular oatmeal but boy was I WRONG. If you're not familiar with Quaker Steel Cut Oatmeal it's definitely different from other Quaker Oatmeals.  In my opinion regular instant oatmeal is overly refined. It loses a lot of good nutrients and the steel cut just tastes better. I can eat one bowl of the Quaker Steel Cut Oatmeal for breakfast and not be hungry until late afternoon. It is super easy to make, just as regular Quaker Oatmeal, just measure your water and toss it in the microwave for a few minutes. I was so impressed with the cinnamon and brown sugar that I decided to head to my grocery store and look for more varieties. I was able to find blueberry and cranberries and that is just as awesome as the brown sugar! I hope Quaker doesn't stop with just two flavors because I really like the stuff and wanna keep it in my diet. I actually look forward to breakfast now because I want my Quaker Oatmeal! It is a fantastic way to start my day! 
Have you tried Quaker Steak Cut Oatmeal? Thoughts? 

Comments

Popular Posts