RashGuard and Brian

With the Florida weather finally cooling down we are finally able to get outside to enjoy the fresh air without dying from heat exhaustion within 5 minutes. I love living in Florida but the summers get really hot and muggy so Fall is welcomed for our family. So we are outside enjoying the spectacular weather mostly in the evenings after dinner and we are quickly reminded of another con about living in Florida, the bugs, mostly SKEETERS! I can't tell you how many times we have had to turn around and come back inside after only being outside for a minuter because we are being eaten alive by them SKEETERS! It is annoyingly frustrating! You either don't go outside at dusk or you soak yourself in bug repellent and sometimes you actually have to go out with long shirts, pants, hats, gloves etc and WHO wants to be outside in Florida with 70-80 degree weather FULLY clothed from head to toe? It is way too hot AND uncomfortable!
I received a cool product to try called a "Rash Guard" and its a shirt, in my case, a long sleeved shirt that is just like an Under Armour shirt. It protects your skin from harmful rays or chemicals that you would normally have to apply to be outside in Florida and the BUGS. I am getting more and more products that are Natural so I don't have to use those harmful chemicals so I was pretty excited to try this shirt...except *I* didn't, my 20 year old son, Brian, did. We did an experiment where we went outside at DUSK when the SKEETERS are at thier worse with one of us wearing the Rash Guard and the other in regular clothes. We could't agree on WHO would wear it so we did the ole "Rock Paper Scissors" and mom LOST :-( We went outside and no, I did NOT wear bug repellent because we wanted to make sure there were SKEETERS out there. As you might have guessed there indeedy was SKEETERS and I was being eaten alive within seconds of walking out the door. For the purpose of our experiment, we agreed to stay outside for at least 15 minutes and it was the HARDEST 15 minutes of my life! I was so uncomfortable and begging for mercy so when our time was up, I was the FIRST one through the door and in my shower trying to get quick relief from all those SKEETER bites! Brian on the other hand was laughing uncontrollably because as you may have guessed, he did NOT get ONE single bite and really thought seeing his mom dancing around slapping herself was the funniest thing ever. I am pretty impressed with the Rash Guard though because it DID keep not just the SKEETERS off of him but the harmful chemicals he would have needed if not for the Rash Guard. He has worn it a few times to go outside at night and hunting with his buddies. He is pretty fair skinned and burns really quickly and  because he never listens to me about wearing sunscreen, he gets sunburns quite often. I was a happy camper to see him come home after being out hunting/fishing all day and NOT be the slightest bit red by sun OR bug bites. I am really impressed by the Rash Guard and I will be making a few purchases for gifts and one for me because I NEVER wanna live through that horrible experiment again by being eaten alive by SKEETERS!
If you are interested here is the link to the Rash Guard on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NRD1X76/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Comments

Popular Posts